Quest Church | Wedding Guidelines
At Quest Church, Jesus Christ and God’s Word are the foundation for all we do. Because we desire to see your marriage based on godly principles, which produce true success, we do have several requirements for marriage.
1. We require that you have known each other for at least one year. We also need about 6 months notice prior to your proposed wedding date. This is to allow time for you to take our Premarital Class, which is required. (The class can be taken "long distance" if needed.)
2. We encourage both of you to make a commitment of your life to God, receiving Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. God is our creator, and He is the author of marriage. It takes three to make a marriage really work—the husband, the wife, and God! If you have questions about your relationship with the Lord, just ask and we’ll be glad to help you understand this most important area of your life. We also encourage you to attend church regularly, because without the fellowship and friendship of other Christians, we tend to become weak spiritually. Like a coal removed from the fire.
3. You should believe that the person you want to marry is God’s choice for you, and you must realize you are to spend the rest of your life with that person!
4. In following God's ways that He gives us in His Word, we ask you to commit to no sexual involvement in your relationship until after your wedding. If you currently have a child on the way, or if you are currently living together, we encourage you to get married, as that is God's plan for us. Just be sure this is the right person.
5. We also ask that should problems ever arise in your marriage after your wedding that you can’t seem to solve, that you will agree to come back to us, or seek other help, before you would ever separate from or divorce your partner.
6. Quest can only conduct weddings in accordance with our statement of beliefs. This is available at
7. If you are willing to follow the preceding requirements, and desire to get married at Quest, and/or if you have further questions, please contact our office by emailing questcchurch@gmail and tell them you have read our wedding brochure and would like our family pastor to contact you.
Please read this document thoroughly, as it is designed to help you prepare for your wedding day and all the details of the planning process.
Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming marriage! Quest Church is excited to assist you in planning this very important day. We care about your relationship, and we want your marriage to honor Jesus Christ. We take marriage seriously because God takes it seriously, and we believe that your actual marriage is more important than your wedding day. We want to do all we can as a church to prepare each of you as individuals so that when you say "I do," you’ve had ample opportunity and help to work through any major issues that may arise. We also want to ensure that you’ve had time to complete the Pre-Marital Counseling Class requirements.
Submitting yourself to God and His Word will produce true success in your marriage! You both have a tremendous opportunity to begin your marriage in God’s strength and confidence. We are here to help you in every way that we can!
In light of this, we do not recommend attempting to schedule a wedding less than 4 months away from today's date. We believe 4 months allows enough time to address issues, plan ahead, fulfill the requirements of the Pre-Marital Counseling class, and also have time to fulfill other obligations and plan the wedding. We want to faithfully shepherd you through this season.
Quest Church believes in the sanctity of marriage according to Mark 10:6-9 "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. 9Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate”
Because God has ordained marriage and defined it as the covenant relationship between a man, a woman, and Himself, Quest Church will only recognize and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman. The pastors and staff of Quest Church will only participate in weddings and solemnize marriages between one man and one woman, and the facilities and property of Quest Church will only host weddings between one man and one woman.
The following are Quest Church wedding guiding principles to help plan for your special day:
We want your wedding day to be a beautiful ceremony, but our greater prayer is that each couple is prepared to enter into the marriage covenant and to build on a solid foundation for the years to come.
The marriage ceremony is a momentary event, but the marriage relationship is what ultimately reflects the relationship that Christ has with His church. Here are some guiding principles as we seek to accomplish this goal together.
We want your wedding to be a worshipful, spiritual event that brings honor to Christ and reflects how God desires your marriage to honor Christ.
We hope to help you build community with other couples, a pastor, and a mentor couple that will help shepherd you as you enter into marriage.
As much as is possible, we want to help you transition well from singlehood to marriage, for the glory of Christ.
Requirements for Having Your Wedding at Quest Church
Involvement at Quest Church. Those who may be married at Quest Church are prioritized as follows:
First, those who are members of Quest Church (Note that membership is not the same as attendance, as the membership process includes a membership class and being voted into membership.)
Secondly, those who faithfully attend Quest Church and/or a family member of Quest member (e.g., a child of a parent who is a member).
1. Pre-Marital Counseling. If you want to get married at Quest Church, you must attend and fulfill the obligations of the Pre-Marital Counseling class, which is offered several times throughout the year.
2. Pre-Marital Course. Encouraging those planning to marry to complete eight hours of research-based instruction on skills including managing conflict, communication, and elements of a successful marriage.
3. Assessment. Complete the pre-marital assessment in the discussion guide provided by your mentor couple.
4. Quest Minister. Everyone desiring to be married at Quest Church must agree to have an ordained Quest Church minister.
5. Marriage License. A Ohio marriage license is required for all weddings to take place through Quest Church. Each couple is responsible for obtaining their marriage license through their county clerk’s office and should be valid at the time of the wedding.
Everyone desiring to be married at Quest Church or at an Off-Site location by a Quest minister must complete (as a couple) the required pre-marital course offered at Quest. Upon completion of the course, attendees will receive a certificate of completion that will allow them to be married by a Quest minister.